Wednesday, April 7, 2010

VIVA LAS VEGAS



There are no excuses for not going on a fun and crazy Spring Break during your Senior Year of college. I went to Mexico my freshman year, Florida the past two years-and this year my roommate and two other girls made the trip out to VEGAS! We booked it back in December for a very low rate, and I remember thinking how far away Spring Break seemed. We left early last Saturday, March 27th and left Wednesday morning. 4 crazy days and nights-meeting people from all over America and beyond. It's funny how the people you meet, maybe only spending 8 hours with them, can quickly become your best friends and people you hope to see again. In Vegas the mentality is great, it's pretty much impossible to have a bad time. People are fun, care free and seem to be escaping from their real lives back home.


However, the moment I stepped off the plane in Milwaukee, I was reminded of everything I had left waiting for me back in Madison. 3 papers, 1 exam, and a ridiculous amount of reading. Coming home from Vegas is like breaking up with someone. Not someone who you maybe went on a few dates with and kinda liked.... but someone you really loved and can't imagine living a day without. Vegas withdrawal is not an easy process. But, here I am, at home a week later... and I'm slowly starting to get back to normal. My papers are done, my exam is over, and my reading is almost caught up. It's now 5.5 weeks till graduation and I'm sure it'll go by just as fast as my 4 days in Vegas did.


No comments:

Post a Comment